Do you want to make an impact? As Senior E-Commerce Editor/Content Consultant at Marketplace Ignition, you’ll have the opportunity to work deeply with some of the biggest brands and innovative, entrepreneurial manufacturers and retailers to influence how they think about and use content across all e-commerce channels to efficiently drive business and to help create best-in-class content that drives revenue by services customers.
Marketplace Ignition is one the largest and most influential e-commerce consultancies focused specifically on Online Marketplaces like Amazon. We combine high-level guidance with on-the-ground execution. Marketplace Ignition boasts unmatched depth of experience in the space, and a unique approach that not only helps clients understand what they need to do but helps them get it done. Our people, our approach, and commitment to excellence are the reasons we continue to grow quickly and also make Marketplace Ignition a dynamic, exciting place to work.
Editor / Senior Content Consultants have deep background in producing content and merchandising for online retail, understand the key players and know what it takes to consistently win in the crowded, competitive online retail marketplace. They are strategic, focused and driven and thrive in a multi-threaded environment where there is always something new and exciting to tackle. Our consultants are entrepreneurial and tenacious in fighting for our clients but not without being humble and personable. They know how to independently analyze a business and quickly discern how to resolve its challenges and help it grow.
- Client Service, Development and Support
- Assess strengths, weaknesses, needs and opportunities in how client’s brands and products are presented and marketed on e-commerce channels.
- Help clients create strategies, guides, processes and internal structures necessary to product best-in-class content, promotions, and merchandising.
- Use data to drive content optimization decisions and assess impacts of content changes
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to update them on status, present findings and present solutions/next steps.
- Occasionally travel with or on behalf of client to support the growth of their business on the channels we manage/advise.
- Understand completely how to develop experiments to improve a client’s business and, even more importantly, how to determine if it worked.
- Keep track of client revenues and always have a good understanding of what growth means to that client.
- Support ad-hoc reporting and problem resolution
- Work well with other consultants advising on non-content work streams and Account Directors
- Manage execution of content optimization or creation for e-commerce channels as needed, including complete detail page content, item data and categorization sets, search-keywords, variation setup, and A+ content creation.
- Produce client-specific, best-practice content guides for online retail channels
- Audit, scoping and prioritization of client catalog to target product listings for optimization
- Manage inflow of source copy and image content from client
- Hire and/or manage freelance contractor resources
- Consult on other aspects of eCommerce channels that impact product presentation, such as Amazon Vine and other ratings/reviews-building programs
- Consult on promotional activity for eCommerce channels
- Guidance on product promotion best practices including MDF spend
- Assist in creating promotional calendars
- Plan and manage execution of Amazon Marketing Services campaigns
- Support sales team with initial research for new client proposals; and periodically assist in drafting deliverables for client Agreements in conjunction with others on the team.
- Company-wide responsibilities
- Account for hours spent on clients and accurately track and submit them.
- Track industry trends and circulate appropriate articles to the rest of the team and clients, if appropriate.
- Be willing to author internal and, potentially external, takeaways on lessons learned with clients so that other members of the team can learn.
- 5+ years experience writing, editing short-form (70 – 200 characters) and long-form (1000 – 2000 words) web content or 3+ years experience with Degree in Journalism or English.
- Working knowledge of retail promotions and KPIs
- 2+ years experience managing freelance writers
- Experience managing client relationships
- Experience managing large-scale content projects (you must be able to articulate processes and tools you use to track status of content elements moving through a production pipeline)
- 2+ years experience working for an eCommerce retailer (Amazon preferred)
- 2+ years experience hiring freelance writers
- Working knowledge of Amazon-internal tools (Vendor Central, Seller Central)
- Working knowledge of open-source or proprietary product catalog tools